عربـي

Website Under Development

 

 

 

 

 

 

Industrialization and Energy Services Company

www.taqa.com.sa

 

 

 

Corporate Profile

 

The Industrialization & Energy Services Company (TAQA) was established by Ministerial Decree in May 2003 and obtained its commercial registration later that year. TAQA is a Saudi Joint Stock Company and has been endorsed by the Ministry of Petroleum & Mineral Resources since its inception and during its formative stages. TAQA is owned 45% by the Saudi Government, while the remaining 55% is owned collectively by Joint Stock Companies and several private and industrial investors representing a cross-section of the Saudi industrial community. The Government’s share through the Public Investment Fund (PIF) was contributed in-kind by transferring from Petromin to TAQA the Government’s 51% ownership in the Arabian Drilling Company (ADC) and the Arabian Geophysical and Surveying Company (ARGAS). The balance of TAQA’s share capital was contributed in cash by the other Saudi investors. TAQA’s share capital was increased in May 2006 from SR 533 million to SAR 2,000 million. The company’s main objectives are to localize industry, transfer technologies, increase local content and create employment opportunities for Saudi nationals. While serving as a platform to attract equity partners and to form strategic alliances, TAQA plays the role of a project developer. Its broad charter allows the company to participate in a spectrum of activities including oil and gas exploration and drilling, conducting geophysical surveys and establishing a wide range of industries and services in support of oil and gas, metals, petrochemicals, mining, electricity and water sectors, either directly or by forming specialized subsidiaries.

 

Vision

Our vision is to be a leading manufacturer of high-quality products and a provider of best-in class services to the industrial and energy sectors.

 

Mission

Our mission is to establish industries and services, create value for our shareholders, develop strategic alliances, transfer technology and create employment opportunities while holding paramount our commitment to quality, safety, social responsibility and environmental preservation.

 

Subsidiaries and Affiliates Profile

 

ADC  

Established in 1964, the Arabian Drilling Company (ADC) is a Limited Liability partnership between the Industrialization & Energy Services Company (TAQA) which owns 51% and Services Petroliers Schlumberger S.A. (SPS) of France, a global leader in oilfield services which owns the remaining 49%. Drilling Services are backed by more than 51 years of operational experience and a history of innovation that has brought tremendous safety and efficiency gains to the drilling process. Company operations started with only one drilling. At the end of 2015, ADC fleet was increased to 32 rigs. Currently, our major clients include Saudi Aramco in Saudi Arabia and Al-Khafji Joint Operations (KJO).

 

ARGAS  

The Arabian Geophysical & Surveying Company (ARGAS) was established in 1966 as a Limited Liability Partnership, which the Industrialization & Energy Services Company (TAQA) owns a 51% share, and CGG owns the remaining 49%. ARGAS is considered the first Saudi Company of its kind in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the entire Middle East and specializes in land, offshore and airborne geophysical surveying services for the exploration and development of hydrocarbon, mineral and ground water resources. Also implements activities related to exploration of natural resources, including seismology and oceanography, geodetic studies and mapping.

 

JESCO  

Jubail Energy Services Company (JESCO) was established to build a state of the art manufacturing facility to produce seamless pipes. Since its inception, the industrialization and Energy services company (TAQA) has taken the challenge of developing a world-scale seamless pipe plant which would adopt the most up-to-date technological advances in the field. In 2006, TAQA started working on the launch of JESCO in Jubail 1 industrial area, and during the first five years has been producing about one million metric tons. TAQA owns 56.44% of JESCO’s paid in capital, while the balance of JESCO’s capital is owned by 9 other prominent business groups in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as well as Duferco Saudi Ltd. A subsidiary of a global leader in the metals trading sector.

 

STAR  

Established in 2007, Saipem Taqa Al-Rushaid Fabricators Company Ltd (STAR) is a Limited Liability partnership between Taqa Al-Rushaid for Marine Works co. Ltd. which owns 60%, and Saipem international BV which owns 40%. STAR’s activities are fabricating platforms for the offshore oil and gas fields considered the first of its kind in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and load out of offshore facilities from a 400,000 square meter fabrication yard built in accordance to international standards. Yearly production capacity is 30,000 metric tons of offshore structures, which creates hundreds of direct employment opportunities and creates substantial opportunities for local trading. Further yard expansion plans adding another 130,525 square meters are underway.

 

ALAR  

Established in 2008, Air Liquide Arabia is a limited liability partnership between Air Liquide Middle East (65%) and TAQA (35%), offering industrial gases technology, engineering and construction know-how, and facilities operations expertise, with over 100 years of experience from the Air Liquide Group. Air Liquide Arabia builds owns and operates industrial gas production facilities and pipeline networks, ensuring the highest standard of safety, as well as reliability of supply and cost competitiveness to its customers through long-term agreements.

 

SISAL  

Sanjel International Saudi Arabia Limited Company (SISAL) is a joint venture between TAQA and Sanjel Middle East Operations Limited, a subsidiary of Sanjel Corporation. SISAL was established in Saudi Arabia in 2008 and began operations in 2010 providing Cementing Services & Products to Saudi Aramco’s upstream Oil & Gas sector. In 2012 SISAL expanded its portfolio by providing Coiled Tubing and Nitrogen Services to the Well Intervention segment of the Saudi Aramco up-Stream sector. Supporting our Cementing and Coiled Tubing business segments is a team of 220 dedicated employees from every corner of the globe. We are proud of our progress in developing local talent from and achieved up to 46% Saudization in 2015.

 

Established in March 2016, TAQA-Archer is a joint venture between the Industrialization and Energy Services Co. (TAQA), and Archer International which have more than 40 years of experience in providing support for oil and gas fields in drilling, logging, and well integrity services. TAQA-Archer provides cased hole logging services and conveyance services for onshore and offshore oil and gas fields.

 

 

 

Contact

 

 

All enquiries should be directed to corporate.communications@taqa.com.sa